CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Training Year

You know you are not a regular blogger if you have to reset your password every time you post because you can never remember it. lol

I decided this is going to be a year of training for me in every sense of the word. There are so many things I want to do more consistently in my life. Here it is....

1. I want to seek God consistently in 2009 through time in his word, time with his people and most importantly through time with him. I want to use this blog as a journal of this experience. All of my friends know that I have asked you to pray time and time again that I will do this and I just have not. I have not made God a priority and I am so excited to do so this year.
So far, I have been praying, worshipping and reading God's word. I have been really blessed by the journey (www.jointhejourney.com) and am excited to participate a women's bible study at my church (www.watermark.org). I could go on and on about how excited I am about Jesus, but I will pace myself to avoid burnout. :)

2. Exercise - I have not exercised regularly since college. I graduted from A&M in 1999 - you do the math. Here is my problem. Exercise is something you need to do consistently to reap all of the benefits. Well, I am too impatient for the physical and mental benefits that I fall off the wagon time and time again. But, this year is different. I am making a commitment to exercise 3 times a week. I joined a gym and will be meeting with a personal training. I hope I kind of hate her and want to throw up after our sessions. Then, I know I really had a good work-out.

I have other much smaller (mostly silly) areas that I am trying to be disciplined in:

Teeth whitening - I have the crest whitestrips. I just need to freaking put them on my yellowish teeth! (yes, I have done this for the past several days in a row).

Skin care - My derm friend gave me samples of retin-a to use on my face. This stuff is supposed to be awesome and was free. I tried it a few times (literally like only 3 times) about a year ago and my skin was a little dry so I quit. I stink at perseverance.

Teeth brushing - I won't go into detail. I now have the sonicare toothbrush and I am doing much better.

I hope to keep you updated a little more frequently this year of my progress and other Martin family happenings.
So far, God has been showing himself to me and it has been AWESOME!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Mike, Jen, McKenna and Jackson said...

YEAH FOR YOU!!!! Glad you made a new post. You crack me up---yes it is 11:30 and I have yet to brush my teeth. I put the kids on the bus and I have been watching Top Chef and doing laundry...why would I need to brush my teeth???? How are you...lets catch up call when you can

MommaRu said...

I would like to add a little encouragement to the teethbrushing goal. If you don't you will eventually have to go to the dentist and have a root canal or even worse an implant, both hurt and cost mucho dinero. Believe me, I have experienced both.

Carissa said...

I'm just excited you finally made a new post! :)

Penryl III said...

That was great page for daily tips!!