CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sick Again

Jackson woke up crying at 11:30am this morning (I had just returned home from working a 10a-10p ER shift and Ryan had to work a 6a - 4p ER shift today - just wanted to give a little context) complaining of right ear pain. Thanks to my trusty otoscope from PA school, I quickly diagnosed him with a raging right ear infection. Stink! My pediatrician's office was so nice to call in Augmentin, Auralgan (ear drops for pain), and Tylenol with codeine. We started Jackson on medicine last night and I took Jackson into the pediatrician today as I promised over the phone last night. Even though Jackson has not felt 100% and I have Macy to take care of as well - I have really enjoyed the kids today. I worked Sat, Sun, and Mon 10a-10p. Yes, I only work 5 shifts/month, but sometimes they are not spread out too well. So - I have just missed being home and have missed the kids. I am so thankful for each of them and am thankful for a husband who is definitely in the top 100% of Daddy helpfulness.

I also want to mention that I just got over a stomach virus that lasted 7 days. I have been well for a week now. I hope Jackson will turn around quicker than I did.

Macy update: We are still waiting for the official update of her allergy tests results. She had a blood test on Friday to test for allergies to milk, soy, fish, eggs, and nuts. I'll keep you posted....

2 comments:

julieruth said...

the mannings miss the martins! hope that jackson is back to playing "choo choo's" VERY soon!!
love y'all!!

Kimberly said...

I'm sorry you are sick again. We have been troubled with the bugs lately as well. Yuck! Hope you are all better soon and stay that way!